ELECTRICAL, INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROLS ENGINEER
This role supports Plant Project Engineering which handles larger (>$300,000 USD) Capital Project expenditures within the Bayport manufacturing facility. Engineer will function as an Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Engineer directly handling electrical, instrumentation & controls design aspects and project execution at any point from pre-project through construction and commissioning. The position will involve strong collaboration within the Bayport site and with the projects group in Denmark.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides project and electrical, instrumentation & controls engineering support on capital projects within the plant. Role requirements will vary based on capital project load and what stages they are in (Front-end design through construction).
- Develop front-end project scopes, estimates and schedules for early stage project approval.
- Prepare or manage the generation of engineering package electrical, instrumentation & controls documentation (arrangement drawings, detailed layouts, technical specifications, etc...). Managing could entail interaction with EPC contractors or with project teams in Denmark.
- Interface with operations, maintenance and various technical disciplines when developing and resolving issues with key project requirements.
- Request quotations of specific equipment and utilize SAP to generate purchase order requisitions and monitor project costs.
- Plan electrical, instrumentation & controls assembly of equipment/components, including directing the craftsmen and ensuring necessary equipment are present.
- Manage construction activities and provide support for any issues that arise.
- Prepares budget for specific electrical, instrumentation & controls fields. This implies updates in case of substantial changes compared to the original budget.
- Prepares schedule for specific parts of the project, as well as regular follow-up and adjustment of this schedule.
- Compliance with MOC process and validating drawing updates are made to plant files.
- Ensures that all safety requirements are met by employees and contractors working on the project.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) years of work experience.
- Prefer experience in plant capital projects.
- RS Logix 5000 and ABB 800xA DCS Systems a plus
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.