EHS COORDINATOR 2021
EHS Coordinator needed for a catalyst manufacturing plant in the Bayport Industrial area located in Pasadena, Texas.
General Responsibilities - This position is responsible for performing routine environmental, health, safety and security activities; and maintaining documentation in support of the EH&S programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and policies. Accountabilities and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in scheduling annual physicals and IH monitoring activities.
- Be visible as safety contact and interface with plant personnel to identify safety issues and to recommend/implement necessary corrective and improvement measures.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor Safety procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and appropriately used.
- Perform daily collection, review of completed safe work permits, and address deficiencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for weekly toolbox topics
- Generate non-routine procedures.
- Responsible for inspection and maintenance of safety equipment and emergency response equipment.
- Oversee Plant Fire Protection system and plant communication (radio) system.
- Responsible for maintenance, calibrations and repairs of portable LEL/O2 monitors.
- Lead/coordinate all ERT functions, including participate in CIMA and LEPC activities.
- Participate in Incident Investigations, audit teams, and safety related activities as necessary.
- Conduct necessary safety training to plant personnel
- Participate in Global Zero Harm activities as necessary and support plant continuous improvement activities to achieve and maintain a safety focused culture.
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager.
- Participate in plant's continual improvement under IS09001 and RC14001
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in a Safety/Environmental or a related field with at least 3 years of work experience in the plant environment. Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations, DOT, TDH, RCRA, State and Federal regulations. Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple activities at the same time. Must be able to adjust to a flexible work schedule. Personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.