EHS MANAGER 2021
Manages the environmental, health and safety performance of the Bayport site. Ensures compliance with all applicable environmental, safety and health regulations. Coordinates activities related to property protection, risk management and facility security. Serves as a resource for plant personnel to facilitate completion of environmental, safety, health, risk management, security activities as well as special projects.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees management of site air, water and waste permits, including compliance assurance systems, permit renewals and permit amendments. Leads and maintains Title V, NSR, NSPS, and EPCRA 311/312/313 compliance. Addresses issues and questions regarding air permitting. Coordinates plant wide emission/performance testing program. Coordinates CEMS QA/QC testing (RATAs, CGAs). Provides regulatory support and guidance for all new site construction and modification of air, water and waste permits.
- Represents Bayport site to communicate with state and federal regulatory agencies and the public as appropriate and to respond to inspections, audits, notices of deficiencies, and administrative orders.
- Assures process safety activities are coordinated with plant Operations and Maintenance in accordance with company standards, agency regulations and industry best practices. Recognizes hazards, drives continuous improvement, and promotes practical alternatives for risk reduction and risk control measures.
- Oversees on-time submittal of all regulatory reports and paperwork. Responsible for site's EHS reporting in accordance with company incident reporting process.
- Develops company EHS training program and provides leadership for safety programs and initiatives. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring training programs to ensure compliance with company policies and OSHA/EPA regulations.
- Leads/coordinates investigation of all plant accidents, incidents, releases and near miss situations.
- Leads the development of EHS strategy for the site, consistent with corporate strategies, goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with corporate EHS in development of Global Standards and long range strategies.
- Develops, administers, implements and manages all Safety & Health programs. Leads the implementation of the Responsible Care (RC) 14001 including obtaining certification for the Bayport site.
- Provides leadership for the site emergency response organization that includes: Fire Brigade, Medical Emergency Response Team and Rescue Team. Assures high morale, high quality procedures, and high state of preparedness. Maintains active leadership role in Channel Industries Mutual Aid (CIMA), and Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
- Ensures completion of EHS audits of facility to detect existing or potential accident, fire and other hazards and recommends corrective or preventive actions.
- Supports employees in the El Camino Office on all aspects of Safety programs, including complying with customers' requirements for site visits.
- Plans, promotes, organizes, and directs all industrial hygiene surveys and communicates results of such surveys to plant personnel. Manages the Medical Surveillance program.
- B.S. in Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related field.
- Requires 10 years of experience in managing an EHS department in a manufacturing, chemical or refinery plant.
- Knowledge in management of air, water, waste, safety and process safety management.
- Knowledge of emission testing and test methods.
- Knowledge of STEERS, SARA, CERCLA, TDH, EPA and TCEQ reporting.
- CSP/CIH Certification preferred