ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, MAINTENANCE 2022
This position handles the Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering job duties for the Bayport catalyst manufacturing plant in Pasadena, Texas.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for the development and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control systems.
- Development of instrumentation installation drawings, data sheets and specifications, to be in full compliance with recognized industry and safety standards.
- Develop technical tabulation to support the selection of instrumentation and control systems.
- Assist in the technical development of assigned plant project P&IDs.
- Assist in the development of I &E project schedules and manpower requirements.
- Provide support for procurement of instrument items.
- Experienced in specifying and sizing valves, tuning controllers, and DCS systems, as well as general knowledge of plant instrumentation principles and hardware including analytical equipment such as pH analyzers, flow measurement including mass flow, vortex, magnetic, and orifice devices.
- Assist in developing plant I&E Technicians skills and capabilities in the operation and maintenance of plant instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Maintain a high degree of reliability in all controls, instrumentation and emission monitoring systems.
- Develop and implement project(s) to upgrade plant motor control centers and power distribution throughout the plant.
- Assist with trouble shooting of electrical problems (motors, wiring, etc.) to find root cause and implement corrective action.
- Assist with Unit Turn Around's as needed.
- Develop programs to prevent accidents and maintain safe working conditions. Respond when and where needed during emergency downtime situations or when problems occur including being on call after hours.
- Ensure that new installations and retrofit installations comply with requirements of the National Electrical Code, API guidelines, ISA standard practices, and where applicable, Process Safety Management requirements.
- Responsible for improving process controls reliability.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of instrumentation and controls.
- Respond to and resolve instrumentation and control issues.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of plant electrical power distribution and motor control systems.
- Electrical Engineering degree required.
- 5+ years related experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical industry
- Experience with NFPA/NEC .
- DCS experience Is a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and ControlLogix systems is a plus.
- Effective computer skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.