PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, HYDROCRACKING
Topsoe is an international company with headquarters based in Denmark. This position will be located at our U.S. office located on the southeast side of Houston in the Clear Lake City area..
The Principal Hydrocracking Engineer is an expert on hydrocracking catalysts and technologies and the tools that are used in the work. The person in this position prepares technical catalyst and technology proposals, and provides technical assistance to company's catalyst and technology clients. In addition, it is necessary that the candidate has good communications skills to support hydrocracking catalyst marketing and sales by presenting technical proposals to clients and technical papers in conferences and seminars.
- Be a technical expert in catalyst, kinetics, and operation of hydrocracking units.
- Prepare technical catalyst proposals and interface directly with prospective clients to help win awards.
- Perform kinetics and process modelling of hydrocracking units.
- Provide technical service for clients by doing performance monitoring, data evaluation, start-up service, and on-site troubleshooting in close cooperation with account managers.
- Continuously innovate by working with R&D on tools development.
- Train new technical service engineers in the use of modeling tools, trouble-shooting, on-site catalyst loadings, as well as catalyst and unit start-up
- Develop professional relationships with personnel (such as, refinery managers, process engineers and plant superintendents) of existing and potential clients to help the account managers secure the sale of catalyst and technologies.
- Write and present technical papers at technical conferences.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of hydrocracking catalyst experience with good working proficiency in catalyst simulations and in-depth knowledge of heterogeneous catalysts and unit operations.
- In depth knowledge of catalyst kinetics and process modeling.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Positive and personable attitude.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.