Topsoe is an international company with headquarters based in Denmark. This position will be located at our catalyst manufacturing plant in the Bayport Industrial Complex in Pasadena, Texas.
This position is responsible for PLC/DCS programming (ABB 800xA, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix), instrumentation, and controls in the plant.
- You will work closely with Operations to make necessary programming changes associated with process optimizations and changes.
- You will maintain integrity and performance of systems, process controls, plant historian and control networks.
- You will respond to calls for control system hardware malfunctions and repair those malfunctions, including control system processors, control system i/o sub systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
- You will respond to calls for control system software problems and repair problems including loop configuration, graphics configuration, and timing issues.
- You will respond to calls for network infrastructure problems and repair problems, including with switches, fiber optic converters, cabling and power distribution.
- You will develop implementation plans for installation of equipment.
- You will develop and implement new additions or enhancements to process control systems within systems standards.
- You will add and modify PLC ladder logic for Allen Bradley systems.
- You will configure OPC servers for cross system communication.
- You will solicit proposals for upgrades or migrations for systems that are obsolete and are becoming obsolete.
- You will perform system administrator functions on AB, ABB, PI, VMS and other control operating systems, providing security protection procedure updates and backup of software and data as required.
- You will develop standards and procedures to perform various functions on systems and review work of vendors and contractors for compliance with and adherence to standards.
- You will train others in proper, effective use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems and networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, or Process Engineering
- Requires 5 years of related experience in a production facility performing DCS programming. ABB 800xA systems programming preferred, but other DCS systems such as Delta V or Centum, or Process Controllers such as ControlLogix will be considered.
- Familiarity with OSI Software PI data historian is a plus.
- Be capable of troubleshooting control network systems.
- Must be comfortable with P&IDs and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Experience with PLCs and HMIs preferably Allen-Bradley products.