Let your methanol plant profit from serving ammonia on the side
It features a streamlined layout with no shift or CO2 removal unit to minimize investment costs while still enabling co-production of ammonia and methanol. The methanol synthesis process is once-through at high pressure. The ammonia capacity depends on your feedstock composition, and minor capacity adjustments can be made by adding a CO2 PSA unit for CO2 removal.
Our IMAP Methanol+™ process design is intended for use where methanol is the main product, ammonia is the co-product, and no need to produce urea is expected. Ammonia production capacity ranges from 25 to 35 percent.
- Self-sufficient in steam and power
- Low specific energy consumption (SEC)
- No need to invest in Air Separation Unit or CO2 removal unit
- Less maintenance thanks to fewer rotating parts
- No CO2 removal means savings on chemicals
- No HTS or LTS CO conversion means savings on catalyst
- Higher on-stream factor