Fuel gas hydrotreater process flow
Many refiners face the dual major issues of improving refinery efficiency and reducing emissions. Haldor Topsoe’s new commercially proven fuel gas hydrotreating technology addresses both, by cleaning up dirty refinery fuel gas streams from sulfur compounds which are not ordinarily removed. This offering confers 2 principal advantages:
- The upgraded, clean fuel gas is a new source for hydrogen production. This is especially valuable if existing natural gas feeds are expensive or unreliable.
- Stringent SOx emissions requirements can be met, since organic sulfur always contributes to net emissions.
The licensed technology handles a wide variety of off-gases (from the coker unit, FCC units, and the hydrotreating units) and consists of three catalytic steps:
- Diolefin Saturation
- Sulfur conversion and olefin saturation
- COS hydrolysis
Haldor Topsoe’s customized catalytic solution to clean up refinery fuel gas is the only offering of its kind and is commercially proven to improve refinery operations.
The performance catalysts we supply for this application are listed below.
The proprietary equipment we supply for this application are listed below. Also see our reactor internals overview for more.
- EquipmentOur Inlet Diffusers are optimized and customized for every unit, taking into account all your reactor flow parameters and reactor geometry.
- EquipmentOur Outlet Collector ensures even flow distribution in the bottom bed to maximize catalyst utilization and prevents bed migration to downstream piping and equipment.
- EquipmentOur Scale Catching technology is a proven and economically feasible solution to delay pressure drop development and significantly increase unit utilization.
- ServicesAll plants – even those with lots of turnaround experience – can run into trouble during loading. When a problem occurs, it can lead to longer turnarounds and, in the worst case, result in an underperforming catalyst. That makes proper loading an important step in profitable plant operation. Topsoe...
- ServicesOptimal interaction between catalyst and technology is crucial if your plant is to perform at its best. Topsoe’s General Technical Service employs the full weight of our knowledge and experience to advise, inform and guide you towards improvement. All General Technical Service is provided as in-...
- ServicesRefineries and chemical plants are complex and vulnerable to changes over time. These changes can degrade performance and impact negatively on day-to-day operations and, ultimately, your bottom line. Whether you choose a catalyst performance evaluation or full-scale process and catalyst...
- ServicesAs a general rule, the more you know about a plant or unit’s operating conditions, the better you’ll be able to keep performance, cost-efficiency and profits high. Our Sampling & Analysis service is your direct route to the detailed insight it takes to make better decisions. During start-ups...
- ServicesStarting up your plant or unit is a complicated and time-consuming procedure that involves monitoring numerous parameters and ensuring the right start-up sequencing. If not performed correctly, it can result in delays or even damage to your catalysts, unit or plant. Our Start-up & Reduction/...
- ServicesCatalysts and processes normally operate smoothly, yet suboptimal performance can occur from time to time. Since most issues have multiple root causes – usually originating in external factors – the process of solving an issue can be difficult and complex. Our Troubleshooting service draws on the...
We offer a full range of process solutions, ranging from technology process licensing to revamps of existing units.
- Process licensingThe Topsoe Approach There are many good business reasons for considering revamping a hydroprocessing unit, for instance to react faster to fluctuations in crude oil supply and process more refractive and difficult feeds; to increase unit capacity; comply with stricter product specifications; or to...