You are here
Today’s transportation fuel market is changing in response to new sources or feed stock, political incentives, stricter emission controls and popular support for more environmentally sound solutions. The changes are putting pressure on refineries to produce more fuels from alternative feedstocks – most of which are difficult to treat due to various impurities and large amounts of organic sulfur, nitrogen and oxygen compounds, aromatics, and fines.
Topsoe provides a wide portfolio of solutions which can help you overcome these challenges related to hydroprocessing of unconventional feeds. Topsoe’s holistic and innovative approach to designing units, covering all aspects of the design process, from catalysts to technology, is tailored to the specific application and designed to maximize profits, reliability, process safety, flexibility, and energy efficiency.
Applications within this area
- Unconventional feedsA dedicated organization manages our comprehensive HydroFlex™ portfolio and the knowledge gathered over a decade of worldwide renewable experience.
- Unconventional feedsTopsoe’s coal tar processing technology offers the possibility of on-site tar upgrading from coke ovens and coal gasifiers to high-quality, low-sulfur diesel, naphtha, and lube oil base.
- Unconventional feedsWith dedicated laboratories, pilot testing facilities, process designs, reactor internals, and performance catalysts, Topsoe has the comprehensive expertise and experience it takes to convert shale oil into high-quality transportation fuels.
- Unconventional feedsTraditionally considered a waste product and often burnt off in pollution-causing gas flares, associated, stranded, shale gas, and similar gases can now be monetized by conversion into saleable transportation fuels in a Fischer-Tropsch (FT)-based gas-to-liquid (GTL) plant.
- Unconventional feedsIn addition to aromatics and sulfur, spent lubes contain substantial amounts of silicon, phosphorus and zinc – feed contaminants that lead to deactivation of hydroprocessing catalysts used in the re-refining process.