CHALLENGE IS AS REAL AS EVER
Our vision is to become
the global leader in carbon
emission reduction technologies
Our strategy will make sure
that we support our customers'
decarbonization journey, address
climate change, and grow our business.
51 billion tonnes of greenhouse gases are what the world adds to the atmosphere every year. That is the challenge we are facing. Carbon emissions must be reduced in a joint effort between countries, companies, and citizens. And efforts need to be accelerated if we are to achieve the climate goals of the Paris Agreement and limit global warming. Decarbonizing the so-called hard-to-abate sectors is essential for the realization of a net-zero carbon economy by 2050.
Topsoe is committed to developing technology that helps address climate change. Our traditional business for more than 80 years provides a strong platform for helping industries reduce their carbon emissions. In some sectors such as long-haul transport and chemicals, it is proving difficult to achieve the carbon emission reductions needed as these sectors cannot be easily electrified today. Topsoe is one of the very few companies that possess both the expertise and the technologies needed to transform renewable power, biomass, and waste into low-carbon and zero-carbon fuels and chemicals as well as to deliver carbon capture solutions for chemicals.
Our vision and strategy builds on a strong scientific foundation with more than 80 years of research and development (R&D), and a deep-rooted passion for science.
- We generally reinvest 8-9% of our revenue in R&D every year
- Around 350 employees are dedicated to R&D in both Denmark and India
- 402 new patents were issued in 2021
- 41% of Topsoe's published patents in 2021 are classified as green (according to EPO)
- Since 1950, Topsoe has contributed to 1,728 publications and has an overall Topsoe H-index of 157, demonstrating scientific leadership amongst industrial peers