Bayonet reformer (SMR-b)
Our bayonet reformer SMR-b combines the novel properties of convection and radiant heat transfer in one steam reformer.
The development and introduction of the SMR-b is a result of Topsoe’s continuous striving towards more energy efficient ways of producing hydrogen by steam reforming of hydrocarbon feed stocks.
- SMR-b consists of bayonet reformer tubes in a furnace box heated by radiant wall burners
- SMR-b provides hydrogen production with minimum hydrocarbon consumption and low steam export
- SMR-b is environmental friendly with low fuel consumption, low NOx and CO2 emissions
- Improved heat utilization in the SMR-b, significantly reduces the amount of burners, while maintaining the unique possibility of adjusting the tube temperature profile
- SMR-b operates at high heat fluxes providing capital cost savings for medium to large hydrogen plants
Protect your most valuable assets and achieve ideal operating conditions with Topsoe Furnace Manager