You are here
Coke & coal
Coal is an abundant natural resource with enormous potential to be converted into clean fuel and alternative feedstock for many chemicals. In recent years we have made quantum leaps in the upgrading of coal and processing of waste products from coke ovens into higher value products and cleaner energy. Our solutions not only make it feasible, but also economically attractive, to process these feedstocks directly at source into SNG, gasoline or other high value products rather than transporting them to be processed closer to market.
Explore the processes we work with in this industry
- ProcessProducing ammonia at the lowest cost per ton is a challenge many industries face every day. With almost 80 years of experience in ammonia, our industry-leading solutions ensure reliable and safe operation with the lowest possible energy consumption and the lowest possible emissions. From new plants to revamps, our expert services can help increase capacity, efficiency or even feedstock flexibility, creating the foundation for optimal day-to-day operation and long-term success. SynCOR Ammonia™ - a new generation of ammonia plants with an unprecedented economy of scale Our SynCOR Ammonia™ plant...
- ProcessMaximizing the economic potential of a dimethyl ether plant
- ProcessMore formaldehyde when you need it, more reliably and more profitably.
- ProcessConverting more low value feedstocks into higher value clean gasoline by using less energy, with minimal environmental impact
- ProcessWith minimum energy consumption and emissions to the purest hydrogen
- ProcessDelivering the highest possible production of methanol from a broad range of syngas
- ProcessProducing more, higher quality, cleaner substitute natural gas
- ProcessHigher production rates of sulfuric acid, improved heat recovery, optimal energy-efficiency and the lowest possible SO2 emissions.
- ProcessEnsuring the best performance in syngas and GTL production with high plant availability, energy efficiency and feedstock flexibility
- ProcessToday, refineries have to produce more high-quality transportation fuels from heavier streams, while also improving profit margins. Our single-source supply of all the key elements of a hydrocracking unit comprising hydrocracker pretreatment, hydrocracking and grading catalysts, technology licensing including heavy poly-nuclear aromatic (HPNA) management solutions and high-performance reactor internals can help you maximize yields of the exact products you need – whether you process feeds, ranging from distillate to deasphalted oil (DAO), fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) slurry, and heavy coker...
- ProcessRefineries around the world are striving to meet growing demands for cleaner fuels, while ensuring cost-efficient operations. Getting the greatest value out of crude oil and effectively processing all the fractions – from very light gas and naphtha to residue – can be challenging. Topsoe offers hydrotreating catalysts and technologies for all crude oil fractions, enabling refineries to meet product specifications at a low cost and with higher profits. These solutions are built on over 40 years of experience and dedication to meeting customer needs through innovation.
- ProcessToday’s transportation fuel market is changing in response to new sources or feed stock, political incentives, stricter emission controls and popular support for more environmentally sound solutions. The changes are putting pressure on refineries to produce more fuels from alternative feedstocks – most of which are difficult to treat due to various impurities and large amounts of organic sulfur, nitrogen and oxygen compounds, aromatics, and fines. Topsoe provides a wide portfolio of solutions which can help you overcome these challenges related to hydroprocessing of unconventional feeds...
- ProcessA combination of particulate filtration and other emission management systems that reduces complexity and total cost of ownership
- ProcessReduction efficiencies up to 99% with maximum reliability, even when operating under severe conditions.
- ProcessHandling sulfurous gasses optimally - both economically and environmentally
- ProcessThe removal of VOCs from off-gasses in environmental-friendly fashion with reduction efficiencies above 99%