You are here
As natural resources grow increasingly precious, opportunities are arising to create energy and fuels from alternative sources in an economically viable way. Over the years we have learned how to convert any hydrocarbon containing source to fuel and developed a comprehensive portfolio of solutions for the production of energy from a very wide range of renewable feedstocks. Our customers often combine our fuel processes with our other chemical and emissions management processes to achieve optimal performance. We not only ensure safety, reliability and efficiency in the production of renewable energy and fuels, but also feedstock and production flexibility, ensuring our customers get the best return over time.
Explore the processes we work with in this industry
- ProcessMaximizing the economic potential of a dimethyl ether plant
- ProcessConverting more low value feedstocks into higher value clean gasoline by using less energy, with minimal environmental impact
- ProcessWith minimum energy consumption and emissions to the purest hydrogen
- ProcessDelivering the highest possible production of methanol from a broad range of syngas
- ProcessProducing more, higher quality, cleaner substitute natural gas
- ProcessEnsuring the best performance in syngas and GTL production with high plant availability, energy efficiency and feedstock flexibility
- ProcessThe single most important factor for hydroprocessing unit profitability is the length of time your catalyst remains active. No matter how high a catalyst’s start-of-run activity is, if it deactivates more rapidly than expected, your unit performance will suffer and profits will drop. A major cause of premature catalyst deactivation is impurities in feedstocks. Nickel, vanadium, iron, silicon, arsenic, phosphorus, and sodium are often present in feedstocks at ppb or even ppm levels, and the effect on downstream catalysts can be devastating. Our expertise in contamination control, our market-...
- ProcessRefineries around the world are striving to meet growing demands for cleaner fuels, while ensuring cost-efficient operations. Getting the greatest value out of crude oil and effectively processing all the fractions – from very light gas and naphtha to residue – can be challenging. Topsoe offers hydrotreating catalysts and technologies for all crude oil fractions, enabling refineries to meet product specifications at a low cost and with higher profits. These solutions are built on over 40 years of experience and dedication to meeting customer needs through innovation.
- ProcessPressure drop caused by particles in the feed or crust build-up in catalyst beds can put any refinery at risk of an unplanned shutdown. This is never good news because maximum on-stream time and uninterrupted cycle lengths are critical for meeting refinery production targets and revenue goals. Topsoe catalyst bed grading know-how and technology help you deal with this effectively and reliably. Often-overlooked advantages of catalyst grading The importance of catalyst grading is often underestimated when evaluating the overall efficiency of a hydroprocessing unit. If you only focus on the main...
- ProcessToday’s transportation fuel market is changing in response to new sources or feed stock, political incentives, stricter emission controls and popular support for more environmentally sound solutions. The changes are putting pressure on refineries to produce more fuels from alternative feedstocks – most of which are difficult to treat due to various impurities and large amounts of organic sulfur, nitrogen and oxygen compounds, aromatics, and fines. Topsoe provides a wide portfolio of solutions which can help you overcome these challenges related to hydroprocessing of unconventional feeds...
- ProcessReduction efficiencies up to 99% with maximum reliability, even when operating under severe conditions.
- ProcessHandling sulfurous gasses optimally - both economically and environmentally
- ProcessThe removal of VOCs from off-gasses in environmental-friendly fashion with reduction efficiencies above 99%