You are here
While the shale gas industry may only be getting of the ground there is no doubt that the opportunities are potentially unlimited. As with similar industries we believe the greatest progress will result when local upgrading of feedstocks makes both economic and practical sense. Our solutions can enable well owners to convert or upgrade their gas to higher value fuels and chemicals, including methanol and urea. This can help them move beyond just supplying gas to benefit more from the value they create, safely and profitably.
Explore the processes we work with in this industry
- ProcessProducing ammonia at the lowest cost per ton is a challenge many industries face every day. With more than 70 years experience in ammonia, our industry leading solutions ensure reliable and safe operation with the lowest possible energy consumption. From new plants to revamps, our expert services can help increase capacity, efficiency or even feedstock flexibility, creating the foundation for optimal day-to-day operation and long-term success. The challenge of producing Ammonia at the lowest cost per ton with the lowest possible energy consumption. Co-producing ammonia, methanol and urea...
- ProcessMaximizing the economic potential of a dimethyl ether plant
- ProcessMore formaldehyde when you need it, more reliably and more profitably.
- ProcessConverting more low value feedstocks into higher value clean gasoline by using less energy, with minimal environmental impact
- ProcessWith minimum energy consumption and emissions to the purest hydrogen
- ProcessDelivering the highest possible production of methanol from a broad range of syngas
- ProcessHigher production rates of sulfuric acid, improved heat recovery, optimal energy-efficiency and the lowest possible SO2 emissions.
- ProcessEnsuring the best performance in syngas and GTL production with high plant availability, energy efficiency and feedstock flexibility
- ProcessThe single most important factor for hydroprocessing unit profitability is the length of time your catalyst remains active. No matter how high a catalyst’s start-of-run activity is, if it deactivates more rapidly than expected, your unit performance will suffer and profits will drop. A major cause of premature catalyst deactivation is impurities in feedstocks. Nickel, vanadium, iron, silicon, arsenic, phosphorus, and sodium are often present in feedstocks at ppb or even ppm levels, and the effect on downstream catalysts can be devastating. Our expertise in contamination control, our market-...
- ProcessRefineries around the world are striving to meet growing demands for cleaner fuels, while ensuring cost-efficient operations. Getting the greatest value out of crude oil and effectively processing all the fractions – from very light gas and naphtha to residue – can be challenging. Topsoe offers hydrotreating catalysts and technologies for all crude oil fractions, enabling refineries to meet product specifications at a low cost and with higher profits. These solutions are built on over 40 years of experience and dedication to meeting customer needs through innovation.
- ProcessReduction efficiencies up to 99% with maximum reliability, even when operating under severe conditions.
- ProcessHandling sulfurous gasses optimally - both economically and environmentally
- ProcessThe removal of VOCs from off-gasses in environmental-friendly fashion with reduction efficiencies above 99%