You are here
The petrochemicals industry is highly complex and the possibilities are continuously evolving based on changing market dynamics, regulations and feedstock supply. Our solutions, which cover a broad range of petrochemical processes, enable customers to get the most value from their feedstock in a clean, reliable and energy efficient way. In addition, we have developed a portfolio of solutions that enable the conversion of by-products, such as pet coke, into more valuable products or intermediates, converting cost to contribution.
Explore the processes we work with in this industry
- ProcessProducing ammonia at the lowest cost per ton is a challenge many industries face every day. With almost 80 years of experience in ammonia, our industry-leading solutions ensure reliable and safe operation with the lowest possible energy consumption and the lowest possible emissions. From new plants to revamps, our expert services can help increase capacity, efficiency or even feedstock flexibility, creating the foundation for optimal day-to-day operation and long-term success. SynCOR Ammonia™ - a new generation of ammonia plants with an unprecedented economy of scale Our SynCOR Ammonia™ plant...
- ProcessMaximizing the economic potential of a dimethyl ether plant
- ProcessMore formaldehyde when you need it, more reliably and more profitably.
- ProcessConverting more low value feedstocks into higher value clean gasoline by using less energy, with minimal environmental impact
- ProcessWith minimum energy consumption and emissions to the purest hydrogen
- ProcessDelivering the highest possible production of methanol from a broad range of syngas
- ProcessProducing more, higher quality, cleaner substitute natural gas
- ProcessHigher production rates of sulfuric acid, improved heat recovery, optimal energy-efficiency and the lowest possible SO2 emissions.
- ProcessEnsuring the best performance in syngas and GTL production with high plant availability, energy efficiency and feedstock flexibility
- ProcessThe single most important factor for hydroprocessing unit profitability is the length of time your catalyst remains active. No matter how high a catalyst’s start-of-run activity is, if it deactivates more rapidly than expected, your unit performance will suffer and profits will drop. A major cause of premature catalyst deactivation is impurities in feedstocks. Nickel, vanadium, iron, silicon, arsenic, phosphorus, and sodium are often present in feedstocks at ppb or even ppm levels, and the effect on downstream catalysts can be devastating. Our expertise in contamination control, our market-...
- ProcessRefineries around the world are striving to meet growing demands for cleaner fuels, while ensuring cost-efficient operations. Getting the greatest value out of crude oil and effectively processing all the fractions – from very light gas and naphtha to residue – can be challenging. Topsoe offers hydrotreating catalysts and technologies for all crude oil fractions, enabling refineries to meet product specifications at a low cost and with higher profits. These solutions are built on over 40 years of experience and dedication to meeting customer needs through innovation.
- ProcessA changing market drives petrochemical complexes to implement new processes, develop new catalysts and integrate refinery and petrochemicals operations, in order to get even more value out of a wide range of feedstocks. Topsoe offers hydrotreating and hydrogenation catalysts, guard materials, and technologies for all product streams – enabling petrochemical sites to meet product specifications at lower cost and with higher profits. All our solutions are built on substantial commercial experience, unmatched R&D effort, and a deep dedication to innovating solutions to fulfill customer needs.
- ProcessHaving to shut down a hydroprocessing unit unexpectedly is never good news for a refinery, where maximum on-stream time and uninterrupted cycle lengths are critical for meeting production and profit targets. Yet pressure drops caused by particles in the feed or crust build-up in catalyst beds can put any refinery at risk of an unplanned shutdown. At Topsoe, decades of experience have given us unique insight into pressure drop formations and the fouling that causes them. Based on this insight, we’ve developed a wide range of solutions that can stop fouling before it stops production at your...
- ProcessReduction efficiencies up to 99% with maximum reliability, even when operating under severe conditions.
- ProcessOff-gases formed at refineries often contain components such as diolefins, olefins, CO2, CO, hydrocarbons, H2S, and various organic sulfur species – all of which are harmful to the environment and subject to increasingly stricter regulations. At Topsoe, we provide a wide range of proven technologies that minimize emissions from off-gases and even convert the undesired components to high-value products. The result? More cost-effective compliance with environmental legislation.
- ProcessA combination of particulate filtration and other emission management systems that reduces complexity and total cost of ownership
- ProcessHandling sulfurous gasses optimally - both economically and environmentally
- ProcessThe removal of VOCs from off-gasses in environmental-friendly fashion with reduction efficiencies above 99%