Protect you profit with our Smarter Sulfur Solutions
Our Smarter Sulfur Solutions give you the know-how, technology, and services you need to keep your operation compliant and running smoothly. Each solution is optimized for a cost-effective lifecycle to protect your profit.
Our solutions are already in place in several industries, including oil refining and natural gas, viscose, pulp and paper, metallurgy, and carbon black.
Smarter Sulfur Solutions can help you:
- Deal with sulfurous off gasses and waste streams
- Reduce emissions
- Recover sulfur as sulfuric acid
- Improve efficiency
- Lower environment impact
No matter the industry, planning requires forward-thinking that takes both compliance and profitability into consideration. Our solutions give you the crystal ball needed to deal with sulfurous emissions effectively and efficiently.
Smarter Sulfur Solutions solve your industry's challenges
Oil refining and natural gas
- Convert sour off-gases into valuable sulfuric acid or elemental sulfur
- Regenerate alkylation spent acid via a waste-free, energy efficient process
- remove harmful pollutants from flue gas without consuming limestone or generation waste materials
Pulp and viscose production
- Recover sulfur from sulfurous off-gases such as CNCG, lean gases, and H2S-rich gases, as sulfuric acid for reuse within the site or plant
- Increase sulfuric acid production by adding molten sulfur to meet the plant's consumption
- Minimize chemical import to the plant through efficient recovery or recycling
- Convert SO2 off-gases into sulfuric acid for reuse or a new revenue stream
- Gain a reliable solution for SO2 emissions control to meet requirements and reduce the risk of environmental damage
- Treat fluctuating SO2 off-gases at high and low SO2 concentrations reliably
Topsoe offers a full range of solutions for dealing with sulfur emissions. When you partner with us, you gain access to a comprehensive range of technical services and innovative solutions that are designed to comply with increasingly stringent emissions standards. We also deliver licensing, basic engineering, and connected analytics services – and we offer the industry’s most extensive and advanced range of catalysts.