Protect you profit with our Smarter Sulfur Solutions
Sulfurous emissions standards are tightening worldwide, forcing industrial, chemical, refining, and metallurgical operations to compromise profitability to meet legal requirements. Sometimes a crystal-ball approach is needed when dealing with sulfurous emissions. Planning requires forward-thinking that takes both compliance and profitability into consideration.
With our Smarter Sulfur Solutions program, we provide you with the know-how, technology, and services needed to keep your operation running smoothly and compliantly. Each solution is optimized for a cost-effective lifecycle to protect your profit.
Smarter Sulfur Solutions solve your challenges
Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD)
- SNOX™ technology removes SO2, NOx, particulates and mercury from flue gases without limestone consumption and without generating waste materials.
Sulfur Recovery (SRU)
- WSA technology recovers sulfur from waste streams in the form of concentrated, commercial grade sulfuric acid in a highly energy efficient way.
- TopClaus® technology combines the well-known Claus technology with WSA to recover sulfur from H2S gases in the form of elemental sulfur in the most efficient way, both with respect to CAPEX and OPEX. TopClaus® is applicable for green-field projects and revamps.
Upgrading of fuel gasses
- Our SweetPlus™ technology removes sulfur compounds and other troublesome compounds from fuel gases, making them easier to utilize as fuel or feedstock for chemical production.
Regeneration of spent acid
- With SmartSAR™ you get a highly economical and well-proven spent acid regeneration technology. This compact solution produces no waste and is highly energy efficient.
Topsoe offers a full range of solutions for dealing with sulfur emissions. When you partner with us, you gain access to a comprehensive range of technical services and innovative solutions that are designed to comply with increasingly stringent emissions standards. We also deliver licensing, basic engineering, and connected analytics services – and we offer the industry’s most extensive and advanced range of catalysts.