Efficient CO conversion plays an important role in the operating cost of the plant. Our process designs make the best possible use of our range of high active catalysts for the shift reactors maximizing the conversion of the feedstock for an extended period of time.
The performance catalysts we supply for this application are listed below.
- CatalystsShape-optimized guard material used for protecting sour shift catalysts from dust and other impurities.
- CatalystsTopsoe’s first generation low temperature shift (LTS) catalyst based on Cu/Zn/Al.
- CatalystsMTS catalyst used as a middle layer in medium temperature shift (MTS) reactors.
- CatalystsMTS catalyst used in the bottom part of medium temperature shift (MTS) reactors.
- CatalystsHigh activity low temperature shift (LTS) catalyst which is the most widely used LTS catalyst in the world.
- CatalystsLow temperature shift (LTS) catalyst promoted to suppress methanol by-product formation.
- CatalystsLatest generation low temperature shift (LTS) catalyst which offers superior performance.
- CatalystsGuard catalyst used for protecting downstream MTS or LTS catalysts from chlorine poisoning.
- CatalystsCopper promoted iron/chromium based high temperature shift (HTS) catalyst with ultra-low hexavalent chromium levels.
- CatalystsInnovative high temperature shift (HTS) catalyst based on zinc and aluminum capable of operating at any steam-to-carbon ratio.
- CatalystsCobalt-molybdenum (CoMo)-based sour shift catalyst for HTS, MTS and LTS applications.
- CatalystsCobalt-molybdenum (CoMo)-based sour shift catalyst for guard and high temperature applications.
- CatalystsShape-optimized guard material used for protecting shift catalysts from dust and other impurities.
The proprietary equipment we supply for this application are listed below.
- EquipmentIncrease your profitability with Topsoe’s support grid to obtain a lower pressure drop in your adiabatic reactors such as the high, medium, low-temperature shift or the methanator. Achieve a pressure drop which is up to 50% lower. Worldwide, more than 20 reactors already have this technology...
- ServicesAll plants – even those with lots of turnaround experience – can run into trouble during loading. When a problem occurs, it can lead to longer turnarounds and, in the worst case, result in an underperforming catalyst. That makes proper loading an important step in profitable plant operation. Topsoe...
- ServicesOptimal interaction between catalyst and technology is crucial if your plant is to perform at its best. Topsoe’s General Technical Service employs the full weight of our knowledge and experience to advise, inform and guide you towards improvement. All General Technical Service is provided as in-...
- ServicesA Topsoe Internal Visual Inspection is your first line of defense against faults in valves, piping, boilers, heat exchangers and adiabatic catalytic reactors, or even larger systems such as steam reformers. As a key component in your preventative maintenance program, an Internal Visual Inspection...
- ServicesRefineries and chemical plants are complex and vulnerable to changes over time. These changes can degrade performance and impact negatively on day-to-day operations and, ultimately, your bottom line. Whether you choose a catalyst performance evaluation or full-scale process and catalyst...
- ServicesAs a general rule, the more you know about a plant or unit’s operating conditions, the better you’ll be able to keep performance, cost-efficiency and profits high. Our Sampling & Analysis service is your direct route to the detailed insight it takes to make better decisions. During start-ups...
- ServicesStarting up your plant or unit is a complicated and time-consuming procedure that involves monitoring numerous parameters and ensuring the right start-up sequencing. If not performed correctly, it can result in delays or even damage to your catalysts, unit or plant. Our Start-up & Reduction/...
- ServicesCatalysts and processes normally operate smoothly, yet suboptimal performance can occur from time to time. Since most issues have multiple root causes – usually originating in external factors – the process of solving an issue can be difficult and complex. Our Troubleshooting service draws on the...
The training services we supply for this application are listed below.
- TrainingLearn to maximize performance from day one.
- TrainingLearn the basics of effective plant operation
- TrainingLearn the basics of plant design, processes and catalyst theory
- TrainingLearn to get more out of inspection planning
- TrainingLearn to get more value out of your plant
- TrainingLearn to start up your plant more safely and efficiently
- TrainingLearn to improve your production with proper laboratory procedures