An efficient and reliable conversion of the feedstock has a huge impact on the economics of the plant. Our different reforming technologies are tailor-made to meet the requirements of the customer without compromising on reliability. Convection reformers, like HTCR, HTER and TBR have been introduced together with high active reforming catalysts to provide customer with proven and highest possible energy efficient solutions.
The performance catalysts we supply for this application are listed below.
- CatalystsPre-reduced pre-reforming catalyst suitable for feedstocks ranging from natural gas to naphtha.
- CatalystsHigh activity reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming.
- CatalystsPre-reduced high activity reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming.
- CatalystsHigh activity reforming catalyst for heat exchange applications.
- CatalystsPre-reduced high activity reforming catalyst for heat exchange applications.
- CatalystsReforming catalyst promoted for low ammonia formation used for tubular reforming.
- CatalystsTitania-promoted reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming.
- CatalystsLow alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming of feedstocks ranging from natural gas to naphtha.
- CatalystsHigh alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming of naphtha feedstocks.
- CatalystsAlkali promoted reforming catalyst for heat exchange applications.
- CatalystsPre-reduced low alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming of feedstocks ranging from natural gas to naphtha.
- CatalystsPre-reduced high alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for tubular reforming of naphtha feedstocks.
- CatalystsLatest generation low alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for feedstocks ranging from natural gas to LPG.
- CatalystsLatest generation pre-reduced low alkali promoted reforming catalyst used for feedstocks ranging from natural gas to LPG.
- CatalystsTop layer catalyst for oxygen-fired secondary and autothermal reforming.
- CatalystsNoble metal-promoted top layer catalyst for oxygen-fired secondary and autothermal reforming.
- CatalystsSecondary reforming catalyst RKC-2-7H is a nickel based reforming catalyst for secondary reforming. Application RKC-2-7H is used in the main bed of secondary air-blown reformers. Main bed The RKC-2-7H catalyst has high activity and the shape and size gives low start-of-run pressure drop.
- CatalystsTop layer catalyst for secondary and autothermal reforming.
- CatalystsBulk catalyst for secondary and autothermal reforming.
The proprietary equipment we supply for this application are listed below.
- EquipmentIncrease your profitability with Topsoe’s support grid to obtain a lower pressure drop in your adiabatic reactors such as the high, medium, low-temperature shift or the methanator. Achieve a pressure drop which is up to 50% lower. Worldwide, more than 20 reactors already have this technology...
- EquipmentHaldor Topsoe Convection Reformer™ (HTCR) technology is a compact, high-efficiency heat exchange reformer that provides refinery operators with a straightforward, inexpensive way to meet the growing demand for hydrogen.
- EquipmentThe LADP burner™ is a new generation of secondary reformer burners and provide our customers in the ammonia industry optimized performance in their plants and improved business economics. This new burner gives a perfectly homogeneous admission of the process air and ensures a gas mixture which is...
- EquipmentThe CTS™ (Cool Tip Swirl) burner is a crucial piece of equipment, and its importance in reformer reliability and availability cannot be underestimated. Good burner performance is characterized by: Short and centralized flame Low metal temperatures on burner nozzles Soot-free operation Easy...
- EquipmentThe Topsoe Bayonet Reformer TBR combines the novel properties of convection and radiant heat transfer in one steam reformer. The development and introduction of the TBR is a result of Topsoe’s continuous striving towards more energy efficient ways of producing hydrogen by steam reforming of...
- EquipmentHow often do you physically examine your furnace? Wouldn’t it be helpful to have access to an up-to-date tube wall temperature and a picture of every burner whenever you need it, from the safety of your control room? Well now you can, thanks to Topsoe Furnace Manager. On-line monitoring will...
- ServicesAll plants – even those with lots of turnaround experience – can run into trouble during loading. When a problem occurs, it can lead to longer turnarounds and, in the worst case, result in an underperforming catalyst. That makes proper loading an important step in profitable plant operation. Topsoe...
- ServicesOptimal interaction between catalyst and technology is crucial if your plant is to perform at its best. Topsoe’s General Technical Service employs the full weight of our knowledge and experience to advise, inform and guide you towards improvement. All General Technical Service is provided as in-...
- ServicesA Topsoe Internal Visual Inspection is your first line of defense against faults in valves, piping, boilers, heat exchangers and adiabatic catalytic reactors, or even larger systems such as steam reformers. As a key component in your preventative maintenance program, an Internal Visual Inspection...
- ServicesRefineries and chemical plants are complex and vulnerable to changes over time. These changes can degrade performance and impact negatively on day-to-day operations and, ultimately, your bottom line. Whether you choose a catalyst performance evaluation or full-scale process and catalyst...
- ServicesAs a general rule, the more you know about a plant or unit’s operating conditions, the better you’ll be able to keep performance, cost-efficiency and profits high. Our Sampling & Analysis service is your direct route to the detailed insight it takes to make better decisions. During start-ups...
- ServicesStarting up your plant or unit is a complicated and time-consuming procedure that involves monitoring numerous parameters and ensuring the right start-up sequencing. If not performed correctly, it can result in delays or even damage to your catalysts, unit or plant. Our Start-up & Reduction/...
- ServicesSteam reforming is right at the heart of your plant, and the performance of your steam reformer has a direct impact on your overall plant performance and, ultimately, your bottom line. Topsoe’s Steam Reformer Assessment/Optimization service is a proven means of ensuring optimal performance...
- ServicesCatalysts and processes normally operate smoothly, yet suboptimal performance can occur from time to time. Since most issues have multiple root causes – usually originating in external factors – the process of solving an issue can be difficult and complex. Our Troubleshooting service draws on the...
The training services we supply for this application are listed below.
- TrainingLearn to maximize performance from day one.
- TrainingLearn the basics of effective plant operation
- TrainingLearn the basics of plant design, processes and catalyst theory
- TrainingLearn to get more out of inspection planning
- TrainingLearn to get more value out of your plant
- TrainingLearn to start up your plant more safely and efficiently
- TrainingLearn to improve your production with proper laboratory procedures
- TrainingLearn to maintain & improve the health of your steam reformer