I & E LEAD TECHNICIAN
Supervises and coordinates activities of employees engaged in providing instrument and electrical expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing all applicable equipment in the plant.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the electrical/instrumentation maintenance technicians and activities to implement planned work, emergency work and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assign all tasks required to meet preventative/predictive instrumentation/electrical needs of the site including field instrumentation, hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and motor control center, variable speed drives, PLC/DCS systems utilizing the SAP CMMS.
- Participate in defining and providing training to I&E technicians, development of procedures for all critical equipment including High Voltage (HV) & Low Voltage (LV) Switch Gear and Sub Stations, Field Instrumentation & Analytics (Process Analyzers), SIS Systems Testing, UPS Systems, Fieldbus Foundation (FF), Motor Starters & Soft Starters, Circuit Breakers, control relays, control circuits, PdM and PM Routines for I/E Equipment, Calibration of field instrumentation (Valves & Transmitters).
- Ensures team understands work scope and performance expectations. Promotes proactive reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) focus.
- Ensures work orders are effectively completed, confirmed and closed out.
- Support I/E technicians on emergency calls when required.
- Able to trouble shoot problems, identify causes and initiate corrective action.
- Ensures accurate documentation including repair history is entered into SAP.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Strong knowledge of National Electrical Codes, IEEE & ISA Standards, and Electrical Safety in the workplace.
- Strong knowledge of instrumentation calibration, PLC programming and VFD configuration.
- Critical thinking and reflective analysis to make best decisions for the plant and the team following plant policies, procedures, OSHA, and environmental standards.
- Working knowledge of the following elements: High Voltage (HV) & Low Voltage (LV) Switch Gear and Sub Stations, Field Instrumentation & Analytics (Process Analyzers), SIS Systems Testing, UPS Systems, Fieldbus Foundation (FF), Motor Starters & Soft Starters, Circuit Breakers, control relays, control circuits, PdM and PM Routines for I/E Equipment, Calibration of field instrumentation (Valves & Transmitters), Spare parts definition for electrical equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, innovation, and accountability.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and ERP systems. Able to work independently, have strong time management skills and able to prioritize job list efficiently.
- Must be Journeyman Instrument Technician and/or Journeyman Electrical Technician skill level or have equivalent experience in a chemical plant or refinery environment.
- Prefer minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.