Serve as a Technical Service Engineer for Hydrocracking catalyst and technology, prepare detailed calculations for design and performance calculations on highly complex hydrocracking catalyst systems, provide technical support to account managers on technical issues and help trouble-shoot catalyst and technology issues in client facilities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provides technical service for customers in designated territory and provides technical support to the key account managers.
2) Assists customers with catalyst loading, startup and other technical services at customer site.
3) Develops professional relationships with all customers and potential customers. The customers include many levels in the organization including plant manager, engineers and plant superintendents. Represents the company in a professional manner.
4) Prepares technical components of catalyst proposals in close cooperation with the key account manager by utilizing Haldor Topsoe proprietary multi-variable kinetic models and tools to accurately predict the performance of catalysts and technologies based on specific client conditions.
5) Provides technical services to customers relating to selection, use and operation of catalyst products and technology.
6) Performs technical service to customers through data evaluation, inspections and catalyst sample analyses.
7) Participates in client meetings for mainly technical issues.
8) Performs other duties as assigned by management and key account manager.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Positive and personable attitude. Presentable.
- Minimum of 2 years process/production/project engineering or technical sales experience in the refining or chemical industry.
- Familiarity with the industry served will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with catalytic operations will be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 5% to 10%.
- Must have excellent skills with Microsoft software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.